A videogame website should be fun to play, right? ...Wait, fun to play? Yeah, instead of being a "reader" or "viewer" of KoopaTV, we will now deem you a "player".
Starting March 1 2015, we will be activating a (the) KoopaTV Loyalty program!
What is it?
The KoopaTV Loyalty Rewards Program is a competition between you, the players. We want to drive up player participation at KoopaTV, since that makes our work more rewarding to us, and it's the fairest way to give out free stuff.
|FREE STUFF. BY PARTICIPATING. See below for how to do that.|
How to win?
It's a point-based competition with you (anyone not named "Anonymous") having the opportunity to earn points via the following methods:
Tracking Progress!The leaderboard is here. It's a spreadsheet. If you know how to make the spreadsheet better (spreadsheet design), go ahead and give a comment. You can tell how much better it'd be if it wasn't two-dimensional. (Date, name, and points with that name would all get their own dimensions.) You can't be on the spreadsheet if you're anonymous.
Previous winners are viewable from the spreadsheet.
Prizes and Time Periods!Round 14 is May 1 to June 29, 11:59 PM Eastern.
- 1st Place: $25 Amazon code, and the 3rd place prize
- 2nd Place: $10 Nintendo eShop code, and the 3rd place prize
- 3rd place: Your choice of a code for Affordable Space Adventures (Wii U), Freedom Planet (Wii U), Citizens of Earth (Wii U), Darksiders II (Wii U), Swords & Soldiers (Wii U), Runbow (Wii U), Retro City Rampage: DX (3DS), Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (3DS), Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure (3DS), Retro City Rampage: Nintendo 3DS Theme (3DS), Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (3DS), and Nano Assault (3DS).
RulesFor some boring stuff: Round 14 begins 12:00 AM (ET) on May 1 2017 and ends 11:59 PM (ET) on June 29 2017. That means no retroactivity. Cheating gets you disqualified in this round and all future rounds. Ways of cheating include faking referrals (so I'd avoid referring your "sister") and plagiarising/stealing guest submissions. If we feel you're cheating or you're not doing quality things, we have the right to adjust the points/assign penalties as we see fit. Whether something is truthful or has levity is totally up to KoopaTV's staff. Former and present KoopaTV staff members may not participate. If you become a KoopaTV staff member during a round, you will be disqualified. You will be contacted if you're a winner by whatever contact means you leave us. All prize codes are applicable to North America only unless stated otherwise. Please only answer for yourself in quizzes/forms. Misrepresenting your identity will result in you being permanently banned from the KoopaTV Loyalty Rewards Program.
Codes are on a higher-place-first-served basis.
For Round 11's random drawing:
The random drawing is done by adding up everyone's point values and using that as the denominator. In the order that each participant's sums are presented on the leaderboard spreadsheet, each participant will an equivalent number of chances to win as they have points. So if Participant A has 5 points, B has 3 points, and C has 7 points, the RNG will pick from 1 to 15, and A wins if it falls from 1 to 5, B from 6 to 8, and C from 9 to 15. If KoopaTV can't come in contact with the winner of the random drawing within a week, we'll re-draw and try again.
- Do I need to create an account to sign-up?
- No! Just comment non-anonymously or do any of the other actions provided above with a consistent name and you'll be entered into our publicly-viewable spreadsheet.
- How do I know you'll actually award the prize to me?
- Just ask any of the previous winners. KoopaTV has a reputation for being a transparent and honest organisation (with the domain extension to show for it) that has given people their prizes promptly in the past.
- Who does the judging for the judgment-call points?
- Usually Ludwig, who may consult the staff on border cases. He also consults the other staff members on bigger-ticket point values like guest submissions. If you can win more than a point for something like a guest post, the number of points you earn is basically a quality score.
- What do "truth" and "levity" mean?
- Truth and levity represent the two pillars of the KoopaTV philosophy, so we'd like our readers to exhibit that as well. Truth means that your comment is rooted in the facts or is based in some sort of coherent logic. It usually means that your comment was value-added. Levity means that you're not taking yourself too seriously and you're having fun with us. If you can get a staff member to laugh from your comment, that's a sure way to earn your levity point for the day.
Changelog5/1/2017: Round 14 has begun, and corrections points are now available.
3/7/2017: Round 13 has begun a few days ago.
1/2/2017: Round 12 has begun. The Wonderful 1237 now has Let's Play and review one-time bonuses.
11/5/2016: Wrote that the random drawing winner has a week to receive their prize.
10/31/2016: Round 11 created, with prizes and info up. Referral and TV Tropes edit point values increased.
10/2/2016: Removed those embedded YouTube videos and changed the points list to a table.
8/30/2016: Round 10 created. Prize is a $10 eShop code.
7/17/2016: Round 9's prize is a $10 eShop code.
7/15/2016: New one-time bonus for filling out the Official KoopaTV Logo Use Request form.
7/1/2016: Round 9 begins, but no announced prizes yet.
5/4/2016: Well, there's an idea of what the prizes are.
5/2/2016: Round 8 begins, but we don't know what the prizes are yet.
3/1/2016: Round 7 begins with new prizes.
1/1/2016: Capture the Confederate Flag Let's Play and review one-time bonuses now up. Also, Round 6 begins with new prizes.
11/17/2015: Defend Anita Sarkeesian footage now gives up to 25 points.
11/2/2015: Round 5 info given. Sorta.
9/3/2015: Round 3 prize given out. Round 4 prizes and info up. Also uploaded a new video for Round 4, and added a FAQ.
8/3/2015: New method of getting points via TV Tropes.
8/1/2015: Closing the Elite Beat Agents prize.
7/8/2015: Referral period of active commenting now 5 days, not 7.
7/4/2015: New video for Round 3.
6/30/2015: Prizes from Round 2 fully distributed, prize for Round 1 up. Artwork request added as one-time bonus. Also, referrals now give FOUR additional points instead of two when they stay for a whole week.
6/12/2015: Prizes from Round 1 fully distributed so prizes for Round 2 actually finalised now.
6/1/2015: Round 1 ended, so Round 2's begin/end dates are implemented, along with prizes. Requests are now three points (from two). Guest submissions may now earn up to nine points each (from five). You may now earn two additional points for referring someone when they stay for at least a whole week, up from one.
If you have any questions or suggestions, this comments section is a good place to voice them.