Ludwig finally bought Mario Kart 8. He has a choice to make: What download code from Club Nintendo does he want? Well... The thing is...
|Expires August 31, so we got the time to run this.|
He is going to leave that up to you! For your benefit! That's right, KoopaTV is holding its first-ever giveaway contest! The possible prizes (as in, you choose from these)?
- A download code for New Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, or Wii Party U (all Wii U games).
- A download code for F-Zero X (on the Wii Shop Channel, also accessible via Wii U).
- A download code for Electroplankton Rec-Rec (redeemable at the 3DS eShop).
- A $10 Nintendo eShop card (redeemable on Wii U and/or 3DS).
- A KoopaTV staff position. (AIM download required.)
- A Kinect Sports Rivals Xbox One. (Just kidding.)
So... What exactly do you need to do to win these prizes? Well, contest details are below, so read just a bit more! But as the article title indicates, this is a guest-posting contest. What is guest-posting? Well, if you look at the handy "Posting Guest Posts" tab up top, you might get an answer to that. But I'll repeat myself below.
And what happens if you don't know how to write coherent articles? Well, you can still win! Details below as well.
You can win in one of two ways (or both):
- Submit a guest post (or more than one) of any topic of your choice, including these KoopaTV style guidelines:
- You have an author name.
- You have a 65x65 (in pixels) icon representing you.
- Your article has a title.
- Your article has a heading/sub-title.
- Your article has a footer.
- Your article is at least 300 words (which, for reference, is approximately as short as this article up to this point) long. (There isn't a maximum length requirement so go nuts.)
- Comment constructively around the site in a non-anonymous fashion (so we can, you know, keep track of you). Also, share KoopaTV to your friends/random people. In other words, refer them over here and do our marketing for us.
You will also cede all the rights to your contributions to us, whether you win or lose, and KoopaTV will be free to use them however we (KoopaTV) see fit. Examples of usage includes publishing it, although we would do that in your name (hence style guidelines #1 and #2).
Judging starts now (July 21) and ends August 22 11:59 PM EST. You submit stuff during this judging period.
KoopaTV staff members and their families are not eligible to participate. Ludwig's own family (the Royal Koopa Family) is an exception.
Some might enter. One should win.
- How humourous your submission is.
- How interesting your submission is. This includes thought-provoking.
- How well-written your submission is.
- Proper spelling and grammar.
- Referencing prior KoopaTV articles is a plus, but obviously not mandatory especially if it would require forcing it in. That said,
- Proper sourcing of information. That means hyperlinks if it's from a website.
So, have fun. That's important! And don't procrastinate, please. Especially if you're doing Option #2. Activity prolonged over a period of time is much better than some last-minute rush.
By the way, if no one picks the Wii U game choice, I'll pick The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. If you pick the eShop card, you'll get it whenever I pick up Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, coming out August 29.
Here's a seductive video telling you to read this article:
The contest has ended. Who won? Click here.
Want to read the winning entry? Click here!
For the next contest KoopaTV has held, see here.
For the permanent, on-going replacement for this, click here for our Rewards Program!