Breaking news announcement: Capcom's best franchise, the Ace Attorney series, has a new compilation! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy is now available exclusively for the Nintendo eShop. It just came out today in the Americas, and is coming out in Europe this Thursday, December 11. Rated T just like the games it is a compilation of. Yup, it is a compilation of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials & Tribulations. (Those are the first three games in the series and where the bulk of our Ace Attorney references throughout the site originate.) All for $29.99! The exact same price that the amazing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies was. Three amazing games that have withstood the test of time (about a decade's worth) for the price of less than one! It is 2947 blocks on your 3DS or 2DS or 3DS XL or New 3DS.
Here is the official launch trailer:
By the way. KoopaTV first talked about this when its Japanese version got announced. In that article, I made a series of predictions. Just for fun, let's see how they've turned out:
- I was correct: This is digital download only.
- It is NOT rated M. It is rated T for "Violence, Blood, Sexual Themes, Use of Tobacco". ...I forgot what that last one is referencing in the game. I was correct, though.
- Once again, I was correct. Yes, it is in America or else this article would not exist. It is not only in full English, but you can also play in Japanese. PLUS, they fixed some typos and such that were in the translations before.
- No word on Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney yet. For those wondering, he does not appear in this game.
- No word on a collection for the Ace Attorney Investigations games, or for a localization announcement for Ace Attorney Investigations 2, despite our demand for it. (And other people's.)
- I was correct that it would be different: This is not the same as the iOS ports of the game that we do not recommend, just like we do not recommend the iOS version of Dual Destinies. Glitches present in the iOS version have been fixed. The graphics have been redrawn just for this version. Most important, this has Miiverse functionality, which the iOS versions do not have. In fact, that is something totally exclusive to this game!
- The new title mentioned here ended up being about Wright's ancestor. Which isn't out yet. I'm correct again.
|The banner for the Miiverse community for this game, from the PC version of Miiverse.|
As you can see from that list, if you stick with yours truly and KoopaTV, you'll be able to get accurate information long before it's announced by the "official sources"!
Speaking of accurate information, here is another piece of accurate information:
If you buy Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy, you will not regret it.
Ludwig is downloading Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy as of publishing time. He expected the game to be fully downloaded by the time he hit the Publish button, but apparently the eShop is overloaded or something. No doubt everyone else is trying to get this game, too. Ludwig is getting the game almost solely for the Miiverse functionality since he already owns every game in the series that has been localised. Follow him at NNID PrinceOfKoopas as he will make new posts based on this game, as well as Super Smash Bros. For Wii U!
For the last time Ludwig has wrote an article endorsing an Ace Attorney game, click here for Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright, which he still endorses.
Ludwig has updated the ways to play Ace Attorney article, not that it's really important.
If you play through the entire Trilogy, you will be able to understand this article on Joe Darke.
Word on Apollo Justice has come... many years later. IT'S A GOOD WORD THOUGH.
After the Trilogy got re-released again (now on consoles), here's another article.