This is it. Nintendo's Wii U is now one-year old in North America: And it launched in North America first. So congratulations! ...I just wish I could list some accomplishments, since sales aren't one. Well, let's list 5 reasons to get a Wii U now. 'cause we'd really love it here at KoopaTV if Nintendo did as well as possible.
- The Wii U is the most cost-efficient way to get EarthBound. On that note, you should really commend them for releasing that game. Look at this thread with over a 100 posts of people saying they'd NEVER rerelease it. It's hysterical how sure people were of themselves. To expand on this, Nintendo has an increasingly robust selection of games available on the Virtual Console and the eShop, plus all of the Wii Virtual Console and WiiWare games. That includes the Ace Attorney franchise!
- The Miiverse service is the second-coming of the Nintendo NSider Forums. And recently, getting a Nintendo Network ID (as you should know, mine is PrinceOfKoopas) has suddenly gotten a new importance for even 3DS owners. Despite some of the bad stuff I can say about Miiverse (like its moderators), it's an enjoyable and free experience with relatively pleasant people while kids are in school. And dat artwork. Speaking of NNIDs, they're obviously unique to each person, so if you want something unique to you, better get one before anyone else can take it.
- The Wii U is the only home console that hasn't ruined the concept of local multiplayer. So you can enjoy your games with your family and friends. It also means when you're having a college dorm party, the Wii U is the system of choice. You don't want to rely on that university online connection, right? And have everyone own their own PlayStation 4? You can all huddle up in a room and play Nintendo Land, Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3, and even Wii Party U. Turn your dorm room into a man cave. Or something. You can say Microsoft's Xbox One has 8 controllers all you want, but who is going to support that? And split the screen that many ways? You got sports...and... that's kind of it. Give your roommates some class.
- Nintendo is the most consumer-friendly console manufacturer. You got a bunch of very appealing bundles you can choose from right now. You have the Nintendo Network, which is free online service. The competitors make you pay and are unfriendly about it. And no Trojans or anything. Used games? No problem. In fact, you get free trials downloaded to your system! Rather than buy 8 Xbox One controllers and a ton of SmartGlasses, you can also use your old Wii controllers you already have! That's friendly.
- You will want to be used to how the Wii U GamePad feels by the time Super Smash Bros. 4 comes out. By the way, the GamePad is a great controller. Using Miiverse with the GamePad is a fantastic experience. Definitely not a mistake. Speaking of which, Smash 4 is gonna be totally amazing. That's a theme throughout the site. And local multiplayer on Smash 4 will make you very popular.
One year later, and Ludwig writes an article looking at the reasons here. They're all continued!
Ludwig later makes an anti-anniversary article stand for Nintendo's next home console's first birthday.