Even discounting the fact that February is the shortest month, this really went by quickly. I just wrote a freaking newsletter. Now I gotta write another one? Nothing even happened in February and it's over. Well, there was the Olympics, but I already just wrote that nothing even happened.
Anyway, here's some articles you should read:
KoopaTV's Top Five Recommended Articles of February 2018These are in chronological order, by the way:
- Mario & Sonic NOT at the PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games — KoopaTV previously wrote that Mario, Sonic, and Cappy were banned from South Korea due to stoking war with the North Koreans. However, the North Koreans were unbanned, but Mario and Cappy are still banned.
- Sleep Kirby With The Best Pillow You'll Ever Own — Sleep Kirby won round 2 of the Kirby Copy Ability poll, and is now selling MyPillows.
- Rawk's Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Experience — A collection of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Miiverse posts by RawkHawk2010.
- Money Is More Important Than Love: Splatoon 2 Splatfest! — February's Splatfest asks which is more important: Money or Love? Ludwig takes the side of Money, and explains why.
- Reviews in Review: Get Rid of the Number Score? — The whole gaming review system needs to be redone, and numbers have to go.
Top Three Best Comments and Worst Comment of February 2018
We're continuing to show off your comments on KoopaTV! So keep making them so we have material. Here are the top three in chronological order. ...And these ones are more than snappy one-liners:
- “There are two main explanations for the above verse. First, according to some scholars, the word "camel" used in the verse is actually a mistranslated error that resulted from translating the word "rope" from Greek which in that day was made out of camel hair. To make matters worse, the two words in Greek at the time looked similar when written and sounded similar when spoken. The other explanation is to just read the verse literally. Some say that the verse simply uses Hebraic hyperbole to get the point across similar to Matthew 7:3 which says "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?" The other theory which states that the needle's eye actually refers to a gate in the city in which a camel can go through has been discredited by many scholars and is considered to not be the meaning.” — Kody B.
- “I thought the "blame video games" mentality had shifted from the right to the left, so I was pretty surprised to hear about this.” — Samantha Lienhard
- “People who have this mentality that violent media is the cause of mass shootings are ignorant. Millions of M rated games and R rated movie tickets are sold each year, yet, on average, overall shootings have decreased the past few years. The real blame should go to the FBI and school security gaurds who failed to stop Cruz beforehand and are partially responsible for this tragedy.” — Kody B.
- “WHy the fuck is your pillow wet?” — Anonymous
If Waddle Dee's original pillow was fantastic, he wouldn't need a new one! So minus points for just missing that whole thing, and for FAKE NEWS, and, and, for unnecessary cursing, and for holding down the shift key for too long! YEAH. BAD COMMENT.
That aside, in February I encountered terrible KoopaTV-related comments outside of KoopaTV. It reminds me of how special our audience is that, besides that Anonymous jerk, “get” and appreciate what we do here. The Splatfest articles are among our most popular, but when you show them to a Facebook group of “normies”, they question why a website would write an article about the Splatfest themes to begin with:
|There were over a dozen comments questioning how anyone could take a Splatfest seriously enough to explore its themes, with people posting stupid .gifs and mocking the premise.|
And then there is this jerkass who thinks KoopaTV should end it entirely. Who the hell is this piece of crap to tell me what I shouldn't write? (You're free to tell me what to write on the Requests page.)
KoopaTV Loyalty Rewards Program Round 18 RESULTS!
Now that we know who won some late-stage points because of the previous section (Kody B. got a +6 boost and Samantha Lienhard got a +3 one), who is #1 and the winner of KoopaTV Loyalty Rewards Program Round 18, with a prize of a $10 Nintendo eShop card?
- Nandin Lopez — 81 points
- Kody B. — 79 points
- charssie god — 35 points
- ShinyGirafarig — 23 points
- Samantha Lienhard — 15 points
Announcing KoopaTV Loyalty Rewards Program Round 19!
Round 18 has ended, and therefore Round 19 has officially begun (as of the beginning of March 1)! The prize? Another $10 Nintendo eShop code. This one has the possibility of having an even weirder code component than Round 18's. Or it has the more likely possibility of being totally unintelligible.
Anyway, this round ends April 29 at 23:59 Eastern.
The deciding action that caused Nandin to win Round 18 was that he pointed out a major typo in the Friend Bounce Returns to Kirby Star Allies article. The word in question being spelled correctly (it was written as “that” instead of “not”) was pivotal for the article's success, so it is a good thing someone caught it. (Shame on KoopaTV's QA Department.)
That was the only correction of February 2018, so in terms of factual accuracy, we're still doing wonderfully.
KoopaTV Feedback Form and Quiz XV are now available!
Just wait a little bit and you can access them here. You guys don't do them right away anyway. I just need to think of worthwhile things to actually get feedback on. In the meantime, you're free to use the comments section here.
Update 3/2/2018: They're available. No more waiting. Go do them!
Ludwig realises that you may get the kind of reaction from your friends that Ludwig did when he shared that article to that Facebook group, but he still wants you to share KoopaTV content regardless. It's a benefit to everyone to do so!
Click here to read the January 2018 review newsletter for all the things January 2018. ...Yeah.
How about the March 2018 review newsletter for all things March 2018... plus April 1?
KoopaTV's February 2017 review newsletter is here. The times were darker.
The times are brighter in KoopaTV's February 2019 review newsletter!