One of my 2015 resolutions is to play Fire Emblem: Awakening on the Nintendo 3DS. You know, the copy I got during E3 2013. And never opened. UNTIL YESTERDAY NIGHT.
|How long will it take me to put the game into my 3DS?|
As a reminder, you have until 3/31/2015 11:59 PM PT for all Club Nintendo codes to be redeemed on your Club Nintendo account. So behind that picture of Chrom, there is a 14-character (not including 3 hyphens) code that will give you some amount of Club Nintendo coins. 40, I think. But you can do a survey and get 10 more!
So, because we like giving things away (there is this entire KoopaTV Loyalty Rewards Program thing where we're giving away the Club Nintendo catalog along with Nintendo eShop money and anyone is able to participate in it) I want to give out this Fire Emblem: Awakening code, too. It won't do me any good by holding onto it. So you can have it.
We just have a "fun" way to get it, dear KoopaTV players (and social media carpetbaggers who won't come back after this)! So after the page-break, you will have... a scavenger hunt! Fun!
There are fourteen characters and three hyphens. I'll give the hyphens. It's first-come-first-serve, but do me a favour and comment if you use the code.
If no one claimed to have used the code at around 3/31/2015 8:59 PM PT, then I'll just use it myself.
If you still solve it correctly before KoopaTV publicly announces the solution later this week (in our March Newsletter Review) but you're not able to actually use the code, we are gonna give you five points in the KoopaTV Loyalty Rewards Program for your effort! Just non-anonymously comment the solution in an article that's not this one. Use that random article feature (on non-mobile KoopaTV) to dump it somewhere where other people won't see your answer and just copy it.
Edit at 1 AM EST: This has been solved and used.
Time for the scavenger hunt:
- The first letter of the first name of the only celebrity we recognised in the Celebrity Match at the E3 Super Smash Bros. For Wii U invitational tournament.
- The first letter of the character's name who is the lowest-rated character here.
- The first letter of the non-levity philosophy for KoopaTV that we think we're high in.
- The first letter of the name of the political party the political figures here belong to.
- The button you need to hold to pay your respects in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.
- The first letter of the last name (and the first name, too) of George Zimmerman's former dental hygienist.
- The first letter from the two six-letter codes from the "Gotta Catch 'Em All" sweepstakes provided in this article.
- The first letter of the game's name that won Best OST of 2014. (Composed by a dude whose first name begins with the same letter.)
- The number of oppressed women (that's all of them) in the last picture of the Noxial-joined-ISIS article.
- The number of combatants in Trayvon Tyson's Punch-Out!!, including the one you play as.
- The number of characters on the Defend Anita Sarkeesian 10x14 puzzle.
- The first letter of the first name of the Nintendo developer KoopaTV hates the most.
- The letter you get when you flip the ESRB rating for this reviewed game. Also is the first letter of the last name of the titular character.
- What Kenji Yamamoto is guilty of. Also the letter that Doopliss steals in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
|"You'll never find them all, slick!"|
Fourteen clues to find! Some are based on images and a lot are based on names. Only a few require actual thought on your part. Some hints include using CTRL + F, especially for the first one. Also, the letter that Doopliss stole in Events of Star World does not appear in this code.
Remember: When you have the answer, go to Club Nintendo right away and input the code. If it works, you're right! (Please comment if you registered it first.) If it doesn't, then there are two reasons. One, you're wrong. Two, someone else registered it before you did. Or three, you already registered Fire Emblem: Awakening and re-registering it won't help you. If you fall under reasons two or three, you can still get credit on KoopaTV towards the Loyalty Rewards Program!
When will Ludwig play Fire Emblem: Awakening? That's a mystery. But in the meantime, he's at least making games, such as this scavenger hunt.
Ludwig still hasn't played the game as of July 2015.